Tuesday 3 March 2015

Drawings of subject matter










































Here I have sketched out some ideas for subject matter. I started out with the original Tim Burton designs, so that I could annotate around them and use them as a starting point.

I am going to be avoiding using Emily (the corpse bride) on the front cover, as I want my book to have a more poetic quality and look more high-end.
To achieve this, I think I'll be using subtle hints of the story but in a different form than the obvious. To do this, I think I will incorporate the use of moths as they are an iconic symbol used in the film to represent freedom and release.
I played around with the idea of having a face on the wings, or maybe even each wing being a different face.
Emily as a corpse and alive, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment